This year I have decided to include simple and fun learning activities during Christmas season with my almost 3 year old toddler. Easiest way to get everything ready in advance and have on hand is to turn these activities into busy bags! Have you already tried busy bags?
Some of activities from our list are already created as busy bags, some we tweaked a bit to turn them into busy bags! Hope you’ll enjoy all of these suggestions and decide to count your way through Christmas with us!
24 days of busy bags we have prepared for our almost 3 year old toddler will hold these busy bags:
- Dot sticker Christmas wreath busy bag
- Gingerbread man felt busy bag
- Printable Christmas busy bag play mats
- Christmas posting busy bag
- Simple cardboard gingerbread man puzzle
- Christmas cookie file folder activity tuned busy bag
- Printable Christmas mix-and match puzzles
- Snowman busy bag
- Gingerbread matching shape busy bag
- Popsicle stick star ornament turned busy bag
- Nativity popsicle stick puppets busy bag
- Plastic cup Christmas tree turned busy bag
- Reusable Christmas sticker busy bags
- Pipe clearer garland turned busy bags
- Ornament sorting busy bag
- Felt Christmas tree decorating busy bag
- Snowman zip lock busy bag
- Q-tip snowflakes busy bag
- Felt Christmas tree buttoning toy busy bag
- Build a snowman activity turned busy bag
- Mitten matching activity turned busy bag
- Gift bow sorting turned busy bag
- Christmas tree lacing busy bag
- Felt gingerbread house busy bag
If you’re looking for additional simple to set up activities, you should most surely check the Early Years Activity Set from our friend Jamie from Hands on: as we grow. This set is packed full of super easy and low preparation activities for toddlers and preschoolers. You can pick which one you want, according to your child’s age. She even planned several weeks of activities for you! Or you can use templates she provides and set your own plans for a week of fun discovering, playing, engaging and learning with kids!
Mihaela runs Best Toys 4 Toddlers blog and loves to come up with new ideas how to use old toys her 2 daughters keep leaving on the floor to slip over. She loves them despite the fact that they call her mommy few hundred times a day, and it makes her nuts.