Have you thought about purchasing your toddler or preschooler a dollhouse? We have when our daughter turned 3 years old.
It was one of those toys we wanted to give to our child as a way to engage her in pretend play and through this way of playing, to enhance her social skills. Since we don’t really have a lot of space in our apartment, we decided that huge wooden shelf like doll houses are not something we could add to her room. And we looked for smaller, less space consuming doll house that would still be a great toy and worth the money we were about to spend.
It was long quest but finally, we decided to go with Caring Corners Interactive Cottage. Read on to see what we like about this doll house and maybe we can convince you to get one for your child as well!
We would like to point out several features we love about this cottage (both mom and her daughter):
- It’s very light and it has a carry handle so it can be taken where ever you go! We have taken it with us on vacation!
- It folds open and from one cottage, it becomes 6 room house with kid’s room,bedroom, living room, dining room, kitchen, toilet and even a terrace!
- It’s bright, colorful, happy with all the illustrations! Very inviting for kids to sit by and play.
- It’s interactive and it teaches little ones to be polite with phrases like “Excuse me!”, “Please!”, etc.
- Dolls and additional sets can be purchased separately and you can pick which one suits you the best – we have put together a family to look exactly like ours (mommy, daddy, baby and older sister).
- Furniture has awesome features – you can actually light up a lamp for the bedroom, you can put up the food on the table by simply flipping the plates, etc. and these are great for tiny fingers to work on fine motor skills!
- Girls actually love to replay real life situations with these dolls. It’s great to hear how they interpret certain situations and how they experience words coming from mom’s and dad’s mouth.
- Although this cottage requires batteries, we had it for over 4 years and still didn’t replace original batteries that came inside.
- Oh, and the most important – this is mess free doll house – you can place all the accessories inside and close it in!
Here are few pictures where you can see this dollhouse in “action”, as they have been played with by my girls (and you can see how it folds and how you can store dolls and accessories inside on the last picture):
You can browse and check Caring Corners Interactive Cottage and additional dolls and sets on Amazon.com (affiliate).
Mihaela runs Best Toys 4 Toddlers blog and loves to come up with new ideas how to use old toys her 2 daughters keep leaving on the floor to slip over. She loves them despite the fact that they call her mommy few hundred times a day, and it makes her nuts.