It’s another Wednesday and again, it’s time for a Rhyme Time! Today we are playing and learning with nursery rhyme Little Bo Peep. As a base, we used the part of Little Bo Peep nursery rhyme with sheep losing their tails. And turned it into an easy color matching activity for little toddlers.
Scroll down to the bottom of the post to find 5 additional Little Bo Peep activities!
Here are things to prepare in advance for color matching tails activities:
- print, cut and laminate sheep (SCROLL TO FIND LINK TO FREE PRINTABLE)
- 8 paper clips
- ribbon scraps in 8 different colors
After you print, cut and laminate sheep, attach ribbon scraps to clips. Make sure to use same ribbon scraps in same colors as sheep (white, black, red, blue, green, orange, yellow, purple). Substitution for ribbon scraps, in case you don’t have them, can be chenille stems / pipe cleaners, fabric scraps or pom poms.
Do you have a laminator? We love our laminator, it helps us turn ordinary paper prints to a sturdy surface and allow us to use same things over and over again without going through printing and cutting everything we need for an activity every time we want to use it. If you are teacher or homeschooler, you need it! Well, I’m a parent and I use it all the time! You can check it out on Amazon.com (affiliate link).
Place sheep and paper clip tails on the table, let the music play Little Bo Peep, sing and play along. Ask a toddler to find tails sheep are missing by attaching paper clip with matching color to a sheep. Ask them which color they are matching. Simple as that! They will practice their fine motor skills as they learn colors.
This would be great busy bag activity to prepare in advance for your little toddlers!
DOWNLOAD FREE PRINTABLE
AND, if you haven’t subscribed, you should! Everyone who subscribes gets a FREE GIFT – 25 pages pack with fun learning activities to practice with kids with one of our favorite book and movie theme – 101 DALMATIANS!
Here are 5 additional activities you can do with your kids as you sing Little Bo Peep:
- make cute yarn sheep as Teach Me Mommy shows
- MultiCraftingMummy shares this fun seek and stick tail on a sheep activity
- you can also use Little Bo Peep to teach kids to spell their name like Little Messy Monster shows
- make amazing Little Bo Peep emo dolls from paper rolls like Danya Banya, and teach kids about emotions
- add a sensory play and seek for sheep in shaving foam like shown on Adventures of Adam
Save for later?
Click here to download and save LITTLE BO PEEP COLOR MATCH PRINTABLE!