Today be are sharing a tutorial how to make Take Along Puppet Theater with storage for your kids!
It’s not really hard and we hope you will take a time to make this and give it to your child for this Christmas (or maybe as a birthday present)!
Do you think your kids would enjoy receiving a gift like this puppet theater?
Things you will need to make this puppet theater are as listed:
- Start with an empty shoe box, use scissors or precise knife to cut holes on the inside of a flap, making sure to leave spaces in between (like shown on the picture).
- Thread elastic to make holders for finger puppets. Again, use the picture for reference.
- On the box, cut a hole for theater window, use your judgment how big it should be, depending on the size of the box.
- Line box both from outside and inside with self-adhesive liner paper, make sure not to cover elastic. (This is more thing of beauty because puppet theater can be used without this step. But we like to make beautiful things, right?)
- For last step, stick foam letters on the front saying: “PUPPET SHOW”.
It holds 12 finger puppets, although we could probably fit one more row with 4 finger puppets inside.
You could probably add few more slots on the sides if you need more, or have more finger puppets to store inside.
If you don’t have finger puppets, pictured inside our take along puppet theater are these lovely and cheap animal finger puppets we found on Amazon!
A feature we love the best about this finger puppet theater, along with the fact it can be used as a storage, is that it has a handle (string) we use to carry our puppet theater with us where ever we go! And it’s light enough, even toddlers can carry it around without effort!
MORE HANDMADE GIFTS YOU CAN MAKE WITH OR FOR YOUR KIDS
Co-Hosted by Zing Zing Tree, Bluebearwood, Rainy Day Mum, The Boy and Me, The Sensory Seeker, Adventures Of Adam, Thinly Spread, Best Toys For Toddlers, The Gingerbread House,
My Little 3 And Me, The Mad House
We are participating in Countdown to Christmas blog hop with several kid-friendly bloggers – hop over to check what others are doing!
Mihaela runs Best Toys 4 Toddlers blog and loves to come up with new ideas how to use old toys her 2 daughters keep leaving on the floor to slip over. She loves them despite the fact that they call her mommy few hundred times a day, and it makes her nuts.