My kids adore playing with water beads! If your kids love them too, you will find here 33 water beads based activities to keep your kids happy and occupied in play for hours!
Water beads are awesome for sensory play because they are soft, smooshy and feel cold on touch. Perfect for play over Summer but you can surely use them in any other time of the year. They are fun! They bounce and roll once they reach their full size! Kids love seeing how they grow in water. It will be needed up to 12 hours for water beads to sit in water to reach their full size. My daughters often come and check on them during this time.
Before going down the list, let’s get few things out here: originally water beads were not invented as play medium. If you’re using them for play, make sure to explain to your child that it’s not something they should eat or place in their mouth. If you have a younger child who puts stuff in their mouth, be sure to be nearby and observe them as they play.
And here are all the things you can do with water beads:
- Freeze them!
- Use water beads in sensory bottles!
- Stuff them into a balloon!
- Make them giant!
- Take water beads in a bath tub!
- Add them to slime!
- Or turn it messy with shaving foam!
- Make icy water beads soup!
- Explore water beads on a homemade light table!
- Turn them to an ocean!
- Make them glow!
- Bake with water beads!
- Slide them!
- Paint with them!
- Make them smell awesome!
- Sort them out!
- Try dying water beads at home!
- Or make a simple sensory bin!
- Fish in water beads!
- Smash them like a potato puree!
- You can also try hammering them!
- Add water beads to a pool!
- Use water beads for fine motor skill practice.
- Glow sticks with water beads are fun too!
- You can teach math with water beads!
- Make ornaments with water beads.
- Use them to learn letters!
- Make baby safe sensory bag with water beads.
- Mix them up with marbles!
- Use them as counters!
- Add them to marble run!
- Make a tea party with them!
- Put them in a blender to make a goo!
If you want to know more about the water beads background, safety tips and other stuff, stop by this article from Teach Preschool.
Mihaela runs Best Toys 4 Toddlers blog and loves to come up with new ideas how to use old toys her 2 daughters keep leaving on the floor to slip over. She loves them despite the fact that they call her mommy few hundred times a day, and it makes her nuts.