Reuse diverse items from your recycle bin (paper rolls, bags, plates, popsicle sticks) to create some of these 50+ green thanksgiving crafts with your kids!
Thanksgiving is an awesome holiday to educate children about all the little (and big) things in life we all should be grateful for having. We all tend to take things too lightly from time to time and this is a great opportunity to remind ourselves that we should actually work and deserve many benefits we have in life.
To make it more fun and engaging for kids, and light on pockets of parents and teachers, we have gathered over 50 green Thanksgiving crafts – mostly simple and easy crafts that can be easily created with children age 2 – 8 either at home, in kindergarten, school or day care center!
All of these crafts have a common thing – they are created from items that are available either in our recycle bins or at home, for cheap, on-hand crafting fun!
PAPER ROLL THANKSGIVING CRAFTS
- Look how colorful turkey craft with feathers! Wouldn’t your kids love to make one?
- Or this easy corn craft with toilet paper rolls? Make few, grow a garden or a field!
- For Thanksgiving treat, make these awesome looking candy corn package! Guess what? They are also made with paper roll!
- How lovely is this paper roll turkey with a handprint feathers?!
- Such an easy and great looking idea for Thanksgiving placecard holders.
- Easy toy to be made in just a second – paper roll canoe!
- Collage a corn on paper roll and use it as napkin holder / pretend play corn.
- Have a child who like to practice their scissor skills? Let them make these easy hay place card holders by cutting paper roll!
- Recycle child’s scribbles to make feathers on this lovely little paper roll turkey!
- Another paper roll turkey, this timeturkey has paint samples for feathers.
- Make artwork or gift wrap, paint these paper roll pumpkins!
- Excellent way to practice fine motor skills with this paper roll and clothespin turkey craft! Turn it into a busy bag for your toddler this Thanksgiving!
- Spin on toilet paper roll turkey would be fun craft for older kids.
- Don’t forget birds! Make these easy classic bird feeder craft!
- If you’re not afraid of a little messier craft, try this paper roll and paper plate turkey!
- Print these pilgrims and native Americans, glue them on the paper roll then let kids color and play!
- Turn turkey craft into a fine motor skill practice with this easy paper roll turkey craft!
- Try making these little pumpkins and use them as decoration for Thanksgiving table!
Paper plate thanksgiving crafts for kids
- Easy paper plate tipi will be a great craft even for little ones! Plus, they can play with it when it’s all done!
- Paper plate boat craft for little adventurers!
- Easy paper plate turkey craft to create with tiny tots.
- How totally awesome is this hanging turkey photo frame? Also very easy and cheap to do!
- Make few Native American rattles with your kids using paper plates!
- Another easy Turkey craft – this time a little Thanksgiving wreath you can hang on your door!
- Bake some apple pie for this Thanksgiving – kiddy style!
- Make some dreamcatchers and hang them in kids room.
- Hang this cool cornucopia full of autumn food.
- This fruit basket from paper plate is an easy color, cut and paste project even little toddlers can do successfully.
- Kids will love gobbling around in this fun turkey paper plate hat.
- Another easy and great looking turkey to practice fine motor skills, only this time made of paper plate and clothespins.
- Make this great looking ceremonial necklace with your kids! They will enjoy wearing it around!
- It would be fun to make a turkey paper plate mask for kids to pretend play and gobble!
- Great looking turkey paper plate hats will be great to wear during Thanksgiving!
POPSICLE STICK CRAFTS FOR THIS THANKSGIVING
- Make tiny bows and arrows for or with your kids! They will have a blast!
- Love this corn field made using popsicle sticks!
- This easy to make turkey with washi tape and popsicle sticks turned out great!
- This wooden spoon turkey made with popsicle sticks will be a great craft for preschoolers.
- Get the whole family together to make a blessing jar using popsicle sticks!
- Aren’t these canoes made of popsicle sticks awesome?!
- This simplified turkey candle will look great on your Thanksgiving table!
- Toddlers will have lot of fun making this simple turkey puppet from popsicle stick!
- Love how this popsicle sticks scarecrow magnet looks!
PAPER BAG THANKSGIVING CRAFTS FOR KIDS
- Make this colorful and simple paper bag turkey puppet using some construction paper and paper plate.
- This is an awesome idea for a Thanksgiving treats! Make bunch of brown bag turkey legs and treat your kids and their friends!
- These paper bag scarecrows are soooo good looking!
- Love this paper bag Indian vest! Awesome idea for pretend play, Thanksgiving, learning about Native American history or even Halloween!
- These are possibly the cutest paper bag turkeys I have ever seen!
- Kids can also make some pilgrim and Indian paper bag puppets to play!
- These simple no-glue turkey paper bag puppets are awesome to make with toddlers!
- Another version of simple paper bag scarecrow to try out.
- Love this Native American paper bag satchel with tribal drawings!
Other fun ideas to try with kids: