This post contains affiliate links for your convenience.
We had lots of fun making this simple and cheap Christmas craft with my toddler!
Join us and make some colorful pretend play Christmas cookies – kids will enjoy making and playing with these colorful cardboard cookies!
For this simple Christmas project, we used several items and here is the list:
- recycled cardboard
- colorful foam
- glue (any kid safe liquid glue will be good)
- round cookie cutters in different sizes
It’s really simple to make these cookies and here’s what we did:
- use larger cookie cutter to trace circles on cardboard, cut them out using regular scissors
- use smaller cookie cutter to trace circles on foam, cut them using scissors with wavy cut
- cut pieces of foam for decoration
- putting cookies together: place cardboard circle on bottom, apply glue, add foam circle, apply glue, add decorative pieces, and all over again!
You can see my toddler busy cutting decorative pieces. It was so much fun for her, specially since it didn’t have to be very rigid in form.
We used crafting these colorful cookies to have some learning along – we made faces using pieces of decorative foam pieces, repeating names of each face part, and we made cookies with foam pieces from 1 – 10, learning numbers and counting.
We are participating in Countdown to Christmas blog hop with several kid friendly bloggers – 4 weeks in a row, each Monday, we’ll bring you new ideas to try with your kids for upcoming Christmas! So, hop over to check what others are doing and come back next Monday for new festive Christmas ideas!
Building Christmas Trees – Size Sequencing Practice
Christmas Chocolate Maker Busy Bag
Top 10 Christmas Stocking Stuffer for Toddlers
Free Christmas Printable Pack for Preschoolers
Christmas Tree Sensory Bin
Learn with Play
FREE BOOK FOR YOU!
When you subscribe, you will instantly download SENSORY PLAY BASICS (38 page e-book) and receive weekly PLAY IDEAS in your inbox!