I love to make simple and fun homemade toys and books, and today’s I Spy Foam Book is both of these things! Bonus, it’s all in a little booklet and kids can take it with them when you travel or wait in doctor’s office or in a restaurant to keep them on their seat!
There are a variety of foam stickers in different themes and you can make an I Spy book to match your child’s interest.
Materials for I Spy Foam Book
You will need:
To make this foam I Spy book, I grabbed several pre-cut rectangle foam sheets in rainbow colors and several packs of self-adhesive foam stickers, we used:
How to make I Spy Foam Booklet
On each of the rectangle pages, I added themed foam stickers. For example, for animal themed page, I made sure I had one of each animals in different sizes AND different colors.
I had my little book put together with spiral spine, but you can easily use a hole punch and tie it together with ribbon or book rings.
And you’re all ready to go play I spy!
How to Play I Spy?
With several same items in different sizes on the same page, I can call in and ask my toddler to find: “Can you spy a little green frog?” or “Can you spy big blue turtle?”. We get to learn animal names, colors and sizes.
We can also count how many of each animal in on a sheet. Similar activities can be done with instruments, letters and vehicles too.
We have this book for over 5 years now. It survived my older daughter and today, I use it with little one too. Hope your kids will enjoy this easy to make at home I spy book as much as my kids did!
Looking for more fun things to do with your kids? We want to recommend you our new book – Learn with Play (150+ Activities for Year-Round Fun and Learning)! You will find inside easy to prepare activities for everyday fun as well for all seasons and holidays! Here is a preview for you:
Book is available as:
- Transportation Theme Preschool Activities from Life Over C’s
- Foam Stickers Process Art from Still Playing School
- Fill in the Bugs from Learning 2 Walk
- Valentine’s Day Hearts Decorated with Foam Stickers from Crafty Mama in ME
- Shape Puzzle with Foam Stickers from Mom Inspired Life
- Letter Sticker Matching Activity from Books and Giggles
- Foam Sticker Writing Activity from The Kindergarten Connection
- Foam Stickers Name Puzzles from Teach Me Mommy
- Broken Hearts Puzzle from Adventures of Adam
- Seasons Weather Sorting Activity with Foam Stickers from In The Playroom
- Fun Foam Sticker Letter Match Activity from Artsy Momma
- Sticker Shape Matching from Play & Learn Everyday
- DIY Maths Game for Kids from Mum in the Mad House