It’s another Wednesday and again, it’s time for a Rhyme Time! Today we are playing and learning with nursery rhyme Little Bo Peep. As a base, we used the part of Little Bo Peep nursery rhyme with sheep losing their tails. And turned it into an easy color matching activity for little toddlers.
Supplies for Sheep Color Matching Activity
Here are things to prepare in advance for color matching tails activity:
- print, cut and laminate sheep (SCROLL TO FIND LINK TO FREE PRINTABLE)
- 8 paper clips
- ribbon scraps in 8 different colors
How to Prepare Sheep Activity?
- Download, print, cut and laminate sheep,
- Attach ribbon scraps to clips. Make sure to use same ribbon scraps in same colors as sheep (white, black, red, blue, green, orange, yellow, purple).
(Substitution for ribbon scraps, in case you don’t have them, can be chenille stems / pipe cleaners, fabric scraps, yarn or pom poms.)
Assure Multiple Uses for this Activity!
Do you have a laminator? We love our laminator, it helps us turn ordinary paper prints to a sturdy surface and allow us to use same things over and over again without going through printing and cutting everything we need for an activity every time we want to use it. If you are teacher or homeschooler, you need it! Well, I’m a parent and I use it all the time!
Place sheep and paper clip tails on the table, let the music play Little Bo Peep, sing and play along.
Ask toddler to find tails each of the sheep is missing and attach a paper clip with the matching color to a sheep.
Ask them which color they are matching. Simple as that!
They will practice their fine motor skills as they learn colors.
This would be great busy bag activity to prepare in advance for your little toddlers!
- Development of fine motor skills
- Eye & hand coordination – watching and doing and coordinating these actions.
- Promote creativity and imagination through role and developing stories.
- Language development – naming colors, rhyming
Expland the Playtime with a Book
Another way to use this printable is with a book Where Is the Green Sheep? by Mem Fox, perfect for toddlers and preschoolers.
DOWNLOAD FREE PRINTABLE
We teamed up with several kid-friendly bloggers to bring you activities related to nursery rhymes every second Wednesday! Make sure to stop by and see what we’ll cover next!
Here are 5 additional activities you can do with your kids as you sing Little Bo Peep:
- make cute yarn sheep as Teach Me Mommy shows
- Crafty Kids at Home shares this fun seek and stick tail on a sheep activity
- you can also use Little Bo Peep to teach kids to spell their name like Little Messy Monster shows
- make amazing Little Bo Peep emo dolls from paper rolls like Danya Banya, and teach kids about emotions
- add a sensory play and seek for sheep in shaving foam like shown on Adventures of Adam
OTHER SING ALONG NURSERY RHYME ACTIVITIES TO TRY
- Twikle Twinkle Little Star Art
- Wheels on the Bus Learning Activities
- 1-2-3-4-5 Fish Counting Activity
- Mary, Mary Quite Contrary Roll & Build Flower
- Hickory Dickory Dock Color Matching Activity
- Baa Baa Black Sheep Stick Puppet DIY