Most of the busy bags we have created in the past are really simple to put together. Mostly we use things from around the home and today’s Weaving Rainbow Busy Bag is no different.
How to Prepare Weaving Rainbow Busy Bag
You will need:
- a large zip lock bag
- pipe cleaners (red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple)
- plastic square dish drainer or sink protector
Place both pipe cleaners and dish drainer into a zip lock bag and you are all set and ready to pull out this busy bag when kids need a bit of independent playtime.
It’s Time to Play and Weave a Rainbow!
Invite a child to place all the pipe cleaners and plastic grid from the bag.
Ask them to sort the pipe cleaners in order to form a rainbow.
Task at hand is to make a rainbow using pipe cleaner weaving them through holes on a dish drainer.
This easy and simple activity is great for fine motor skill practice.
Extend the Play with a Book
Slip into rainbow busy bag a book about rainbows. Here are few suggestions:
Book about a child and mother planting a rainbow in their garden and watching it bloom. The illustrations are fantastic and vibrant in color! The book is very sturdy and well made and will clearly stand up to multiple readings per day.
My Rainbow Surprise is sure to delight curious readers of all ages with its irresistible rainbow theme, rhyming text, foil title, and eye-catching illustrations.
Learn to count to ten along with the colors of the rainbow in this lovely first concept book for the smallest butterfly lovers.
Take a look at other rainbow activities and enjoy the colors!
FROM LEFT TO RIGHT
- Rainbow Color and Shape Learning Puzzles // Itsy Bitsy Fun
- Magnetic Rainbow Name Box // Mama. Papa. Bubba.
- Rainbow Sight Word Lacing // Preschool Inspirations
- Shape Lacing // The Pleasantest Thing
- Rainbow Popsicle Stick Patterns // Playdough to Plato
- Rainbow Color and Shape Match // Frogs Snails and Puppy Dog Tails
- Clothespin Rainbow // Adventures of Adam
- Quick and Easy Rainbow Busy Bag // The Educators’ Spin on It
- Sort and Count Rainbow Puzzle // Powerful Mothering
- Rainbow Prism Busy Bag // Left Brain Craft Brain
- Rainbow Bubble Wrap Busy Bag // Lalymom
- Rainbow Color Sort // The OT Toolbox
- Weaving Rainbows // Best Toys for Toddlers
- Toddler 4 – in – 1 Rainbow Busy Box // Lemon Lime Adventures
- Rainbow Color Sorting Busy Bag // Coffee Cups and Crayons
- Pipe Cleaner Rainbow Busy Bag // Still Playing School