Most of the busy bags we have created in the past are really simple to put together. Mostly we use things from around the home and today’s Weaving Rainbow Busy Bag is no different.
How to Prepare Weaving Rainbow Busy Bag
You will need:
- a large zip lock bag
- pipe cleaners (red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple)
- plastic square dish drainer or sink protector
Place both pipe cleaners and dish drainer into a zip lock bag and you are all set and ready to pull out this busy bag when kids need a bit of independent playtime.
It’s Time to Play and Weave a Rainbow!
Invite a child to place all the pipe cleaners and plastic grid from the bag.
Ask them to sort the pipe cleaners in order to form a rainbow.
Task at hand is to make a rainbow using pipe cleaner weaving them through holes on a dish drainer.
This easy and simple activity is great for fine motor skill practice.
Extend the Play with a Book
Slip into rainbow busy bag a book about rainbows. Here are few suggestions:
Book about a child and mother planting a rainbow in their garden and watching it bloom. The illustrations are fantastic and vibrant in color! The book is very sturdy and well made and will clearly stand up to multiple readings per day. Find the book here: United States | Canada | United Kingdom
My Rainbow Surprise is sure to delight curious readers of all ages with its irresistible rainbow theme, rhyming text, foil title, and eye-catching illustrations. Find the book here: United States | Canada | United Kingdom
Take a look at other rainbow activities!
- Cereal Box Rainbow Purse – This very easy DIY toy project is awesome because even toddlers can participate with marbling part of creating a cereal box rainbow purse.
- 5-in-1 Rainbow Busy Bag – Your child gets the chance to play in different ways on different days.
- Rainbow Quotes about the Importance of Play – you can also download all of these quote posters.