Nursery rhyme The Wheels on The Bus is one of my daughter’s favorite rhymes. She sings it all the time and even makes up her own rhymes to that melody!
There are many nursery rhymes available, online, on CDs, DVDs and books. Common to the most of the nursery rhymes: babies, toddlers, preschoolers and children of an older age LOVE THEM!
I’ll share some of the resources and ideas for playtime which can help toddler’s emotional and physical development and all of them are connected to this fun nursery rhyme.
How We Play on Wheels on the Bus Nursery Rhyme?
There are so many things to do with this song!
One of the ideas I have is to work on transportation theme with her (and I will make some more printables for those!).
Help my toddler to learn:
- names of the transportation devices
- where each belongs (air, ground, water)
- the difference between public and private transportation
- some basic traffic signs and importance of obeying traffic lights
Also, since she never went anywhere with a bus, I want to take her on the ride!
Well, since we have listened to this song for over 100 times in last 2 days, somehow I think we’ll have more than enough time to do all of these things on the list!
We teamed up with several kid-friendly bloggers to bring you activities related to nursery rhymes every second Wednesday! Make sure to stop by and see what we’ll cover next!
This time we bring you these activities to use as you sing along Wheels on the bus nursery rhyme:
- Bus craft from recyclables from Teach Me Mommy
- Painting with wheels from Messy Little Monster
- Bubble printed bus from Crafty Kids at Home
- Wheels on the bus story stones from Adventures of Adam